Since moving to Paris, I have received many requests for recommendations on where to find great gluten free places to eat in the city. I love getting these requests because it gives me a chance to send local businesses some new customers, but also to dispel the myth that it's difficult to eat gluten free in Paris.
This post will be updated regularly to keep it current, and suggestions for new places to add to the list are always welcome! I will also be writing a post on where to shop for gluten free foods in the city, and gluten free friendly hotels, so check for those soon! Click the title of each location to go directly to the website of each location.
Gluten Free Restaurants & Cafés in Paris
Bio Sphere Café: A small, organic cafe that is completely gluten free. Simple lunches with a selection of soups, salads, and mains, including gluten free pizza. They also have baguettes available upon reservation, and many great pastries and deserts. Due to its small size, reservations are recommended. In the 8th.
- 47 Rue Laborde, 75008
- Monday- Friday 12-6, Saturday 12-10, Sunday brunch 11:30-6.
Thank you, My Deer: A 100% gluten free coffee shop and small cafe. They offer simple meals as well as a selection of gluten free mixes and other items for purchase in-store. In the 11th.
- 112 rue Saint Maur, 75011
- Tuesday-Friday 8-6, Saturday-Sunday Brunch 12-6
Yummy and Guilt Free: Located in the BHV department store right across the street from Hotel de Ville and close to the Pompidou Centre. You can’t miss it as it has a gigantic BHV sign on the roof! There’s a food court inside the with a place that sells gluten and dairy free waffles. Not all waffles are dairy free, but they are all gluten free. In the 4th.
- 14 rue du Temple, 75004
- Monday-Saturday 11-7
Noglu: This restaurant just made the Michelin Guide, which is kind of the fancy food-person’s culinary bible. 100% gluten free menu that changes regularly. Gluten free pastries and desserts available. Small location, reservations recommended. In the 2nd.
- 16 Passage des Panoramas, 75002
- Lunch Monday-Friday 12-2:30, Dinner Tuesday-Saturday 7:30-10, Brunch Saturday 11-3
- There is also a Noglu Boutique at 49 Passage des Panoramas, open Monday-Saturday 11-5:30
Tugalik Café: An organic cafe that serves simple, fresh dishes. Most, but not all items are gluten free. Knowledgeable staff. Eat in or take out. In the 6th.
- 29 rue St-Placide, 75006
- Monday-Friday 10-6:30, Saturday 10-7:30
My Free Kitchen: A small restaurant/cafe with a menu that changes daily. Always 100% gluten and lactose free and delivery available. In the 9th.
- 1 bis rue Bleue, 75009
- Monday-Saturday 12-3 and 7-10, Brunch Sunday 12-3 (Reservations recommended). They also have delivery options available on the website.
Helmut Newcake: This is a bakery/café that was the first 100% bakery to open in Paris. They make all those crazy French pastries you will drool over in bakery windows, only they will be safe for you to eat. They also serve simple meals in the location in the 10th arrondissement. In the 10th and 9th.
- Canal Saint Martin Location 36 rue Bichat, 75010
- Tuesday-Saturday 12-7, Sunday Brunch upon reservation 10-6
- La Madeleine Location (take-away only) 28 rue Vignon, 75009
- Monday-Saturday 11:30-7
Café Pinson: There are three locations of this mostly vegan restaurant. A good selection of gluten free items and mostly organic & vegan selections. In the 3rd, 10th, and 16th.
- In the 3rd: 6, rue de Forez, 75003
- Monday-Friday 9-Midnight, Saturday 10-Midnight, Sunday 12-6
- Canal Saint Martin: 58 rue du Faubourg Poissoniere, 75010
- Mon-Wed 8:45-7, Thurs-Fri 8:45-10, Saturday 10-10, Sunday 11-6
- In the 16th: 19 rue de Chaillot, 75016 in the Le Tigre Yoga Club
- Tuesday-Saturday 10:30-3
Exki: This is a chain café that caters to the lunch crowd. Items can be eaten in-store or taken out. They have several gluten free options, that are clearly labelled on the sign in front of the items. Ask about preparation methods regarding cross-contamination.
- Locations across the city. Check the website for a location near you.
l’Acajou: Well known chef, prix-fixe meals, intimate setting. Not everything is gluten free, but there is often a gluten free prix-fixe menu available for lunch at a good price. In the 16th.
- 35 bis, rue de LaFontaine, 75016
- Monday-Friday 12-2:30 and 7:30-10:30, Saturday evenings only
Bears and Raccoons: 100% gluten free burger and sandwich shop that opened in 2015. Sandwiches, burgers, and gluten free beer available. In the 11th.
- 21 rue Richard Lenoir, 75011
- Monday-Wednesday 11-3:30, Thursday-Friday 11-3:30 and 6:30-9:30, Saturday 11-9:30
Bob's Juice Bar: A juice bar and small café that has gluten free offerings. A new locztions is scheduled to open in late 2015, near the Shakespeare and Co. bookshop. Locations in the 10th, 3rd, and 18th. Check the website for specifics.
Season Bistro: A bistro that opened in 2015. Offers both a regular and a gluten free menu.Ask about preparation methods for more information on how they avoid cross-contamination. In the 3rd.
- 11 rue Dupuis, 75003
- Monday-Saturday 8:30am-1am, Sunday 8:30am-9pm
Maison Bon: A tea room and café that offers eat in and take out food. All 100% gluten free. Mostly or all organic options. In the 10th.
- 11 rue des Petits Ecuries, 75011
- Contact the restaurant directly for opening hours, as the information is not available on their website.
Agapae: Newly opened café/concept store offering gluten free meals and products. In the 8th.
- 10 place Henri Bergson, 75008
- Monday-Friday 8-8
MS Kiosk (in the Marche St Quentin): Gluten free restaurant in the covered St Quentin market. Lactose free options available. All home-made dishes. In the 10th.
- 85 Bis, Boulevard de Magenta, 75010
- Monday-Friday 9-8,Saturday 10-8, Sunday 10-1:20
Mama Cake: Gluten free lunch spot only open a few hours a day. Soups, salads, cakes, juices, and simple plates. Eat in or take out. In the 18th.
- 131 rue des Poissoniers, 75018
- Monday-Friday 12-3
Le Bichat: Mostly vegetarian and Gluten Free restaurant in the Canal Saint Martin area of Paris. All dishes are home-made. Organic. In the 10th.
- 11 rue Bichat
- Monday-Sunday 9am-11pm
Le Stand: A veggie stand that also offers a rotating menu of simple, fresh food. Gluten free. In the 3rd.
- 39 rue de Bretagne, 75003
- Wednesday-Sunday 12-4
Gentle Gourmet: A 100% vegan restaurant that also produces gluten free dishes. In the 12th, near Place de la Bastille.
- 24 boulevard de la Bastille
- Wednesday-Sunday 12-2:30 and 6:30-10
Do you know of a gluten free restaurant or cafe in Paris that's not on this list? I would love to hear about it! Let me know in the comments, and I will add it to the list after checking it out!
I am also working on a gluten free shop and bakery list, so let me know your faves!